Built in 1801, this building was originally known as the Oak Hill/Pottle House. It was acquired by the Meredith Historical Society in 1950, just a few years after it ceased operations as a church. The interior was redesigned into a museum celebrating the early farmers who comprised the backbone of Meredith for many, many decades. The museum displays the tools and implements used by 19th century farmers, laid out in sections highlighting the activities during each of the four seasons.
A detailed account of the meetinghouse’s history may be found by clicking here: The History of the Oak Hill Free Will Baptist Church
This photograph dates from 1890 and shows the Farm Museum before the addition to the back of the building made in the early 1900s. The road in the front is the Old Province Road cut by the earliest settlers in Meredith in 1769. It is now Winona Road.
The Farm Museum is open for special events only during the summer of 2023. Check back for our next event.